Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 5

Whooo! I'm at day 5, (pictures are of day 4), I've gotten a chance to be up in the Temple and go to the Old and New Cities of Jerusalem numerous time. I've attended all my classes at least once and I see that I've got a lot of work to do! (Particularly in Hebrew), BUT I know it'll also be a great experience and even a stretching experience, including my perspective. Three out of four of my classes are taught by a Rabbi and a Jew, and I can't wait to see what I have in store.
My Rabbinical Thought class is taught by the Rabbi, and there were so many controversial things brought up in the first day I thought I was gonna plotz, and today, half the class time was confrontation! BUT, the information is really cool, and some of the tanakh "exegetical" arguments of the rabbinical thought actually may hold some merit and illuminate the Word to a very new perspective and character motivation
My Physical Settings class has a lot of reading, and I'm sure the 7 tests we'll be taking will be chalk full of misc. arbitrary facts which will be a blast to study for, but besides that!! we get to take like a bajillion wicked sweet awesome field trips literally ALL OVER the middle east, so i can't wait for that
My Jewish Jesus to Christianity and Hebrew Readings class is taught by the same Jewish professor; he has a quite voice and heart, and i'm sure i'll have a blast in his classes (although, i'm kind of worried about Hebrew Readings, because at least two of the students had had hebrew with him before and they were reading hebrew like hyperbolic foxes and translating like it was native to them!! bwaaa!! so i got some studying to do :) we'll be translating Joshua from the ground up till exam time :)

So, yeah its going great, i'll keep uploading pics too!

No comments:

Blog Archive