Sunday, September 2, 2007

Israel 1 !!!


I wrote a couple notes in my small notebook to remember things I saw Saturday, but I lost my pen halfway through ... not like i wrote a lot in it anyway

MOVING ON!!
Highlights:
-All my flights went well. At first I thought I was in trouble cause I couldn't find my baggage claim tag (which I didn't use/need), but I found it in my pocket. I know. Exciting.
-I read a little of a book, "Byzantine," Carol Egan gave me.
-At one terminal, they kept calling, "Carolyne Egan" to come up to the desk. I was wierded. outwardly wierded that is.
-there was a woman wearing all black, and she looked sad, and her shiny purse matched her shiny shoes. I guess its style...
-Right before I went on my connecting flight to Israel, the lady looked at me and said (not in exact words), "where is your little piece of paper that goes with your passport that everyone else has that you don't?" and i was like, "uhhhhhhh...." and then she said, "o, this one's electronic..." and sent me on my way
-my flight itinerary said my connecting flight to Israel was leaving 10:40. I had an hour and a half time frame between flights to make that 10:40. But, when I got my tickets printed it said my connecting flight was at 9:40 leaving me only a half hour time frame. then, My first flight left over an hour late, leaving me a negative 30 min. time frame.
Somehow I ended up arriving there at 9am. And the customs gate opened at 9:20 and they didn't take off till 10:45. Go figure.
-I missed orientation, but I caught up fast; I've met and become friends with a bunch of cool people already. We've walked the city and we're exploring even more tommorow. I can't wait. it's beautiful. I really can't wait till I can snag a decent pic :)
-all is well, thanks for your prayers you pray-ers; God listens.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I'm so glad you're there safe and have met some friends already. I'll keep praying all the time. Thanks for updating us. Your blog is now in my favorites and I'll be expecting updates regularly. :-)
Love, Grandma

Barbara said...

Love the shirt! Thank you for your news and notes. Looking forward to their continuance so that we may live vicariously through your experiences during the next 3 months. Praise God for your safe arrival and sense of humor. Love you bunches!
Love, Mom

Blog Archive